We’re using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.
Please sign up for Ford Drive! SUNDAY JUNE 5 AT ARGYLE SCHOOL
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/499ico
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
New Varsity practice schedule.
Tuesday May 24th Argyle Padded 6:00 to 8:00 pm Offense
Wednesday May 25th No practice
Thursday May 26th Argyle 6:00 to 8:00 no pads Offense
Friday May 27th William Griffin 3:30to 5;00 pm full pads Defense
Argyle Football Spring Training- Varsity
Padded Practices in full gear
Monday May23rd William Griffin 3:30 to 5:00 pm
Tuesday May 24th Argyle 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Wednesday May 25th Argyle 3:30 to 5:00 pm
Thursday May 26th Argyle 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Friday May 27th William Griffin 3:30 to 5:00 pm
Monday May 30th William Griffin 3:30 to 5:00 pm
Tuesday May 31st Argyle 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Wednesday June 1st Argyle 3:30 to 5:00 pm
Thursday June 2nd Argyle 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Friday June 3rd GAME William Griffin 3:00 to 5:00 pm
Vs Holy Cross – early dismissal at lunch – be at field for 2:15
YES, get the bbq ready the Blue Marble Seafood & Meat orders are due in on May 27. Delivery is June 9 – plenty of time for some great summer grilling! Ordering is simple – go online to http://www.bluemarblefundraising.ca/in/fundraiser/6000191 or send Alysse an email at: [email protected] The quality is excellent and you help the 2016 Argyle Football Season !
The 2016 Season is underway, which means PARENT MEETING!!! Yes, mark you calendars, May 17, 6pm, in the Library at Argyle. If your son is playing, wants to play, thinking about playing – this is a mandatory meeting for parents. See you there!
All of the forms for registering as an Argyle Piper Football player, all teams, are now available on the Argyle Athletics Website. Please sign up a soon as you can.
For the first time in the history of Argyle Pipers Football, the grade 8’s will field a spring team. This is exciting news for the football program as these grades 8’s will be the future of the JV and Varsity teams. In order for Argyle Football players to earn the chance to develop their skills to play safely and compete with other teams they had to demonstrate their interest and commitment early. Thank you to all the Grade 8’s who came out to the meeting to show their Piper spirit!
The Argyle Football Program gratefully acknowledges the support of the school administration, the teacher sponsor, the coaches and the program coordinator for bringing this opportunity to these young athletes.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!! Players and Parents and Friends!
We are doing a complete inventory of our football equipment and need your help.
When: Friday February 5th, 1 pm– it’s done 🙂 hopefully 3pm
Where: Argyle Gym
Any time you are able to come and help us would be greatly appreciated.
Please email Patti if you can help – [email protected]
Football is an all year sport 🙂
Parent Pub Night Social
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 7TH
LYNN CANYON CAFE
ENJOY A NIGHT OUT WITH FELLOW ARGYLE PARENTS, COACHES AND ALUMNI
FOOD – SILENT ACTION – TOONIE TOSS – 50/50 – MUSIC
For tickets contact Lisa Munro at [email protected]
Please check back regularly for team schedules, events, practices and rosters.
Argyle Pipers Football program was reborn due to a community grass-roots effort by parents and volunteers after 30 years of dormancy. Since then Argyle Pipers Football have brought their enthusiastic school spirit to the community and have enjoyed growing support from students, families, community partners and sponsors and teachers/administration. See highlights below and check back often to this site for updates, news, schedules and events.
- There is a Junior Varsity (grades 9/10) and a Varsity (grades 11/12) team
- Football at Argyle is open to all students in grades 9 – 12, male and female. No tryouts. No student is turned away. It is a truly inclusive program. Everyone has a role.
- There are approximately 80 students playing football at Argyle each year.
- After 4 seasons both teams have outperformed all expectations
- Parents fundraised $60,000 to purchase equipment
- Argyle students have been offered scholarships in post secondary institutions in Canada and USA
- Argyle athletes have participated in Team BC Football U16 and U18
- Parent volunteers provide countless hours of support to the school and school sponsor– equipment inventory and maintenance, fundraising, coaching, communications, management, field bookings, registration
- Argyle Pipers Football has developed strong connections and partnerships with community organizations including: Lynn Valley Lions, Lynn Valley Legion, Lynn Valley Days Parade, BC Lions, Game Ready Fitness