Parent Pub Night Social
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 7TH
LYNN CANYON CAFE
ENJOY A NIGHT OUT WITH FELLOW ARGYLE PARENTS, COACHES AND ALUMNI
FOOD – SILENT ACTION – TOONIE TOSS – 50/50 – MUSIC
For tickets contact Lisa Munro at [email protected]
Please check back regularly for team schedules, events, practices and rosters.
Argyle Pipers Football program was reborn due to a community grass-roots effort by parents and volunteers after 30 years of dormancy. Since then Argyle Pipers Football have brought their enthusiastic school spirit to the community and have enjoyed growing support from students, families, community partners and sponsors and teachers/administration. See highlights below and check back often to this site for updates, news, schedules and events.
- There is a Junior Varsity (grades 9/10) and a Varsity (grades 11/12) team
- Football at Argyle is open to all students in grades 9 – 12, male and female. No tryouts. No student is turned away. It is a truly inclusive program. Everyone has a role.
- There are approximately 80 students playing football at Argyle each year.
- After 4 seasons both teams have outperformed all expectations
- Parents fundraised $60,000 to purchase equipment
- Argyle students have been offered scholarships in post secondary institutions in Canada and USA
- Argyle athletes have participated in Team BC Football U16 and U18
- Parent volunteers provide countless hours of support to the school and school sponsor– equipment inventory and maintenance, fundraising, coaching, communications, management, field bookings, registration
- Argyle Pipers Football has developed strong connections and partnerships with community organizations including: Lynn Valley Lions, Lynn Valley Legion, Lynn Valley Days Parade, BC Lions, Game Ready Fitness